Organisation and structure
The General Board takes the decisions necessary to ensure the performance of the tasks entrusted to the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB).
The General Board consists of the following members with voting rights:
- the President and the Vice-President of the European Central Bank (ECB)
- the Governors of the national central banks of the Member States
- one member of the European Commission
- the Chairperson of the European Banking Authority (EBA)
- the Chairperson of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
- the Chairperson of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
- the Chair and the two Vice-Chairs of the Advisory Scientific Committee (ASC)
- the Chair of the Advisory Technical Committee (ATC)
and the following members without voting rights:
- one high-level representative per Member State of the competent national supervisory authorities (the respective high-level representatives shall rotate depending on the item discussed, unless the national supervisory authorities of a particular member State have agreed on a common representative)
- the President of the Economic and Financial Committee (EFC)
Permanent members of the General Board Download PDF
Meetings of the General Board
The European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) had its inaugural meeting on 20 January 2011.
The General Board will meet at least four times a year (currently foreseen for March, June, September and December).