Accountability and reporting obligations
According to the ESRB Regulation the accountability and reporting obligations include the following:
- At least annually the Chair of the ESRB shall be invited to an annual hearing in the European Parliament, marking the publication of the ESRB's annual report to the European Parliament and the Council. That hearing shall be conducted separately from the monetary dialogue between the European Parliament and the President of the ECB.
- The ESRB shall also examine specific issues at the invitation of the European Parliament, the Council or the Commission.
- The European Parliament may request the Chair of the ESRB to attend a hearing of the competent Committees of the European Parliament.
To ensure a good corporate governance the General Board of the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) has adopted the following rules, code and measure:
- Rules of procedure of the ESRB Download
- Code of conduct of the ESRB Download
- Appointment of a Data Protection Officer for the ESRB
The General Board of the ESRB has appointed Mr. Frederik Malfrère as Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the European Systemic Risk Board (with effect from 25 March 2011).